Saturday, July 26, 2008

What I am reading....

I have been reading Jane Goodall's "Harvest for Hope" it is a fascinating read...She is such an amazing woman..I am only half way through and there is some great information there...One of the most telling and interesting thing to me was about organics and chimpanzees ...if the banana is organic the chimpanzee eats the whole thing if it is not they peel it!!! Wow! I could see maybe them choosing to eat organic first which is what many animals do but to actually remove the most harmful part and then eat it....

This book is really fascinating and is full of useful information about food, farming, interesting cultural stuff (like geophagy/clay/dirt eating which I thought was something only children would do), and facts about that evil poisonous company Monsanto. I have this out from the library but I may have to purchase it.

No comments: